Monday, March 25, 2013

Officially a Thomasian Alumna

Yesterday was our Solemn Investiture. Yung katuparan ng limang taong paghihirap namin. Yun yung araw na   sa wakas, our tassles were flipped over which means that we have been conferred with the degree of Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy. It was not an easy task. It was not an easy 5 year-course.

Powerpoint template for the event. :)
Before I entered college, I knew I wanted to be a Doctor but I didnt know where to start with. Thinking that my sister\s also a student of Physical Therapy in the UST, and thinking how I liked studying the human anatomy, I chose Physical Therapy as my first choice. Luckily, I got in. And there began my 5-year long journey.

Having to dissect a frog was not difficult but having to dissect a shark, a turtle, a pigeon and a cat? it became challenging. How much more dissecting a cadaver? Having to study tons of books and manuals and reviewers, sobrang nakakabaliw. Having to memorize all those things and having to apply them in the correct manner was pure craziness. Having to study books from cover-to-cover for written revalidas was truly excruciating and Having to bring out everything you know during your oral revalida is beyond words. Having to write countless drafts of Initial Evals, Re-Evals, Initial PT Notes, Discharge Notes, Endorsement Notes, Endorsement Cards were tiring and energy-consuming.

But it was all worth it. That moment when your name is called to be given the degree? Nakakakilabot. Tapos yung time na luluhod ka and then your tassle was flipped over? sarap sa feeling.

Kakaiba pala yung pakiramdam na pagkatapos ng ilang taon mong paghihirap, naabot mo na yung tagumpay tsaka yung dulo nung race. :) I'm happy I was able to experience receiving my degree and awards with my family. :>

Here are some of the pictures from yesterday's event. :)

The conferment of our degree. :>
As I lead the newly graduates into the reading of The Thomasian Pledge
As I received my special award: 2nd Best Physical Therapy Intern. :)
Cum Laude. <3 
with my group. =)
That's it for now!
Hugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment