Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How to: Claim Your Voter's ID

Today, I've finally picked up my Voter's ID. I know there are lots of people asking how and when and where to get theirs, so here it is.

First, determine if your voter's ID is already printed because there's a big chance that your ID is not yet printed. Well, for my case, I had myself registered at October 2009 but upon inquiring, I found out that they had only printed my ID last Feb 2012. Such fast system, huh? In order to find out, go to this site then fill up the necessary information. Upon doing so, something like this should appear. There you'd find out if your ID is ready for claiming or not.

Just click to enlarge! :)
Oh yeah, if you've quite forgotten your residential details (like me! Haha!) such as your barangay, it will also be seen once you've used the precinct finder.

As you can see above, there is a disclaimer. Which means you still have to verify whether you can claim your ID already at your local COMELEC offices.  (Click the link in order to see the contact details of such offices)

Second, call your local COMELEC offices and ask them whether your card is really ready for claiming. When I called, they asked me my Full Name & when I registered. I asked if there is a need for any verification IDs upon claiming and they said I just needed to bring myself (but I suggest you still bring any ID for verification). And so I did. :)

For Manila Residents, our COMELEC office is situated near LRT1 Central Terminal at the back of Bgy Bureau. Once in the right level (see Directory link above), enter the room and just say that you're claiming your Voter's ID. They would again ask you for your full name and registration date.

They will then ask you to verify the details that you've first given when you registered. Then, if you'd like, you can ask them to laminate the ID for you since it's quite manipis and malambot for a fee of P15.00 Talk about business. Grr.

For the curious cats, here is how the new Voter's ID looks like:
Totally not mine. haha! Just wanted to let you guys see. :)
Credits to owner!
Tell me if this helped! and if you were able to get yours. :)

Hugs!

PS. Btw, be reminded that they do not and will not deliver voter's ID nor will they send it to your barangays. Just a heads up, aryt? :)

2 comments:

  1. Ate,di pa ba pwede kunin kung ang nakalagay ay ALREADY PRINTED?masusungit kase mga tao sa comelec sa area ko,nakatunganga lang naman sila pagdi eleksyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buti ka pa na-access mo yung site to check the status of ID...nag e-error sa akin :-(

    ReplyDelete