Friday, March 22, 2013

It's a Girls' Day Out: Teriyaki Boy!



Throughout my stay in college, I can say I've had four closest girl friends -- two of which, I was able to go out on a girl date with. yung dalawa (chelsea and rieka), missing in action. and yes, I miss hanging out with both of them. :)

Our date started out at around 12:30 noon. We've said that we'll meet at 12 noon, but knowing my dear girl friends, hindi talaga sila dumating on time.=)) and knowing me, I arrived at around 11:45, I guess? So nag-ikot-ikot muna ako sa Trinoma. I have gone to the place countless times but have not really familiarized myself with it because whenever I go there, I just usually go to the movie house. Then, we met up sa Powerbooks. Where, I saw one (i meant, Three) of the greatest comic books in history, okay exaggerated ako. Haha!

Archie Comics Collection: The Married Life
But really, when I saw the compilation of Archie Comics, i wanted to buy it instantly! But then, ang mahal. and I had to buy the three comic books for me to be able to complete the The Married Life series. Gaah. I wanted to know what happened after Archie chose Veronica! I'll definitely put that comic series on my next wish list. <3

Moving on, after looking around, my "kambal," as we fondly call each other arrived. and then we went to the electronic map thing where we can look around and decide where we will eat. After looking through the restaurants available, we decided to eat at Teriyaki Boy. Yes, I'm a big fan of Japanese food. :> Doon na rin namin inantay dumating si Jem. 

First off, before anything else, we had the honorary group picture taking via my Xperia's front camera and its self-timer. Meet my friends! :)

(L-R) Me. Jem. Diana.
Being the gluttons that we are and having temporarily forgotten our diets, we've ordered the following foodies:
(Top-Bottom L-R). Shake Sashimi. Iced tea and Mango Shake. Miso Soup.
California Maki. Wafu steak. Ebi Tempura
We just had to! Haha!
Positive points:
What I like best about Teriyaki Boy is that ever since it opened, its food quality had always been the same. My family is a family that is a Japanese food junkie and I can say that through the years, my taste bud has been trained to determine which Japanese food is better than the other. With T-boy, although it's not a fine dining restaurant, its food can be compared to those authentic Japanese restaurants such as Tanabe and Furosato. Also, what I like about Teriyaki Boy is that though it has expanded its branches, it had never compromised its food quality and had not stoop down to being a "fastfood" level, unlike some Japanese resto I know. Plus, I think the food is value for money. :) All in all, we paid P1527.00 for all we've eaten and paid P509.00 each. :)

Negative points:
But I guess the downside of this particular Teriyaki Boy branch is their service. They were attentive at the start, and yes, they were friendly. But we had to call them several times before we were attended to and before we had our orders taken. Also, when Jem and Diana wanted a refill for her Iced Tea, she had to ask three times, and I had to ask twice. But even though we asked several times, we still did not get an iced tea refill, though that was what we paid for. :( Boo for that. I guess they can use what Banawe branch had, the one where you can press something if ever you needed service. 

Verdict:
Teriyaki Boy will always be a great place to dine in; and as I said, it is one of the best Japanese restaurants at present. Maybe the service that a particular branch will be giving will serve as a dealbreaker. 
I didnt want to give my readers an information overload, so yeah. I'll be making several blog entries. :)

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment