Friday, March 22, 2013

It's a Girls' Day Out: Body Tune Spa!


Continuation of our Girls' Day Out. Read our Teriyaki Boy experience by clicking here. 

After eating, we immediately went out to look for a massage place. What made it hard for us to find the right place was that there were three of us and that we wanted to be treated all at the same time. We tried looking at the rates of The Spa, but I swear that it's superduper expensive. Well, granted that they do provide quality service, and its ambiance is so perfect. However, hindi kasya sa budget namin. Kaya we went on to look for another place. Let's Face It had decent rates but unfortunately, they only had one masseuse. We tried to look for other Spas in Trinoma but to no avail. Therefore, leading us to The Block.

Again, what I loved about The Block is that it had all its health and wellness boutiques in a single floor, thereby we did not have to go across the mall just to find a good place. After considering our budget and our need to be treated altogether, we chose Body Tune Spa. 

Body Tunes Spa Logo on the left, and their Services Menu on the right.

Being Physical Therapists that we are, we are always labeled as masseuse, right? But lo and behold, I am telling you. I have no idea what the massage services that they are offering are. There was a whole lot list of massage services that we had to ask the receptionist their differences. Good thing is she obliged happily. Having described the services, the three of us decided to take the Balinese massage for 1 hour. 

According to yogawiz site, Balinese Massage is defined as: The massage therapist uses long strokes that are performed in a rhythmic manner. A Balinese massage dissolves nodules related to tension. It is an excellent technique that helps and pampers the body. It also makes use of acupuncture techniques The circulation to the heart and the lymph are triggers.

Basically, we chose Balinese massage because the receptionist said that it focused more on the back but is still a whole body massage. Because Diana just came from her Final exams and Jem and I are both in need of a good back massage, we chose this. It was also nice that we did not have to wait very long to be accommodated.

L-R. Diana. Jem. Me.
The exteriors were great and it somehow gave us a feel of serenity and peace. But when we went in, we were kind of disappointed when we were individually ushered into small rooms. Well, I guess we weren't able to consider that we were not going to be treated in a room that can fit three people. So yeah, goodbye chika moments. 

(Top-Bottom, L-R) Light outside, Stones outside, the bed, the shorts, the locker, iced tea, towel and the tip envelope.
We were also given shorts, which were kind of big. When asked where to place our belongings, we were told to put it inside the lockers or under the bed. (Sorry for the blurred picture). After a short while, my Balinese Massage session began.

My masseuse named Helen was quite good. Though I expected a harder back massage. But then again, I think she did not find much nodules that's why she did not give much pressure. What I liked the most about this massage experience is when she massaged my back using her forearm. 

Maybe I was too tired or maybe the massage was really good because I fell asleep and i was only awakened when she asked me to turn. But then again, I fell asleep shortly after. 

After the massage, she asked me if I wanted iced tea and so she gave me along with two hot towels. She also offered to open the lights, which unfortunately, were broken T__T She then said that there was a tip envelope. :)

Positive Points:
  • Price range was okay. 
  • I loved the back massage.
  • Music was also good and was also relaxing.
  • My masseuse was not so ma-chikka and so, I had a time to relax
  • The bed was actually soft
  • Free iced tea!
Negative Points:
  • Small room.
  • I didnt like the smell of the pillow. T__T I dont know if I'm just picky or what.
  • The shorts are big.
  • My locker had no key.
  • My lights were broken.
  • The CR was not so clean.
Verdict:
I think I've had better massage experiences than this with a lower price range. Though I really loved the back massage. But then again, considering my experience, I dont think I'll be visiting them again, soon. Maybe if I'm at Trinoma, again, with no other place to go to, again. 

2.5/5 perhaps?

Body Tune Spa
SM North Edsa The Block
5/F

Hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment